08 August 2009

First post of 2009

Whoops. Did I forget I had a caching blog? I suppose I did. This year started out a bit slow for caching, as I found myself with little free time. It's amazing what a full-time job will do for a caching career. With what little time I did have, I was also busy with various other groups, doing this or that. It seemed like every weekend, something came up. I do have more free time now, though. Last month, I took a trip to Denver. Since that trip, I've been doing quite a bit of caching. In fact, if I hadn't taken one day off of caching during that trip, I could have probably beat my record of most days cached in a row.

Also on that trip, I successfully started uni-caching: caching by unicycle. I knew my bike wouldn't be able to fit in the truck alongside everything else, but my unicycle managed to find a nice spot. It worked out to be a fun investment, and probably quicker than trying to walk around Denver between caching. Hopefully I'll try it out on some mountain cycling trails to see how it does off-road.

Besides that, I've also completed one more Labor of Hercules: The Organ Needle (Labor Eleven). That brings my total up to 11 of the 12 (plus the bonus cache). The only one I still need in the series is Labor Six: Florida Peak. I've tried that one before, but the group I was with decided against attempting the final ascent. I think I'd be nervous trying that one again, just because I know I turned around last time.

No comments: