03 November 2009

42nd Cache Hide

At the beginning of September, I hid my 42nd cache. When I realized what number cache hide it'd be, I thought I should do something special. What better than to have a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy themed cache? Originally, my plan was to have every question in the puzzle be 42 (hence, the "Part A"). I also had thought about getting the coordinates to match up with 42 as much as I could. Those didn't fully work out like I had wanted, so I settled for asking questions you'd need the book in order to answer. You might be able to find the answers by searching online. Actually, that'd probably be easier than looking through the book. I hope I rated the difficulty/terrain of the cache right.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a great book series (most of my questions only come from the first two, I believe). I've read slightly more than 3 of the five. I might have actually gotten most of the way through the 4th, but stopped reading for some reason. The other series in the puzzle (question 12) is also good, but a bit more off (and with an ending in the first book that almost ruined everything leading up to that point). Either series would be good to take if you find yourself stuck in a car for a few hours en route to a caching event.

No comments: